McArdle Law Office specializes in handling complex and often emotionally charged family law issues. A solo practitioner, Ms. McArdle also handles federal criminal defense cases as well as some corporate, and general civil litigation with a client base of approximately 100 clients. McArdle Law Office recently relocated to a renovated building in Center Market located at 2139 Market Street, Wheeling, WV.
Ms. McArdle runs a full time law practice as a solo practitioner having practiced law for over twenty years. She currently serves as the Second Vice-President of the Ohio County Bar Association. Ms. McArdle began her legal career as a federal prosecutor in the Northern District of West Virginia, working there for five (5) years prosecuting federal crime including narcotics and fraud. She served as the Ethics Officer under William Kolibash, former U.S. Attorney. While there, Ms. McArdle designed and implemented the first Victim Witness Assistance Program for the District.
After leaving the United States Attorney’s Office, Ms. McArdle joined the local law firm of Phillips, Gardill, Kaiser and Altmeyer, where she expanded her legal career by participating in corporate litigation matters. In 1997, Ms. McArdle entered a partnership with Ronald Musser and stayed in the partnership until 2001, when she opened her own firm known as McArdle Law Office which she has operated continually since then.
Ms. McArdle spends a great deal of time giving back to the community having been active in the local and state hockey community for the past twelve years. She has coached and managed hockey teams, held positions on the Wheeling Amateur and Morgantown Amateur Hockey Association Boards and currently serves as Vice President for the State of West Virginia and the Safe Sports Coordinator in the MidAmerican District of USA Hockey.
Ms. McArdle is also active in the Republican party and has served on the Ohio County Republican Executive Committee since 2005. She was chosen to Chair the Ohio County Republican Executive Committee in early 2009. She was a member of the Republican Women of Northern Panhandle West Virginia, served on the State of West Virginia Republican Executive Committee for 1st Senatorial District from 2006 - 2009, was an alternate Delegate for the 2008 Republican National Convention, and vetted as a Delegate for Rudy Giuliani in the 2008 Presidential Campaign.
Elgine is an accomplished attorney with over twenty-three years of litigation experience including federal prosecution, domestic law, corporate issues, and criminal defense. She began her career as a federal prosecutor for five years in the Northern District of West Virginia, followed by private practice both with a law firm and as a solo practitioner. Career highlights include the following:
At the U.S. Attorney’s Office
• Maintained a record of 100% conviction on cases tried as lead counsel.
• Designed and implemented the Federal Victim witness program for the United States Attorney’s Office.
• Appointed Ethics Officer by the United States Attorney: implemented necessary procedures for policing compliance
of Department of Justice Ethics regulations.
In the area of criminal defense
• Saved a pilot airman’s certificate despite narcotic trafficking by obtaining a waiver of revocation from the director of the Federal Aviation Administration.
• Defended murderers, drug dealers, DUIs and internet crime
In the area of domestic relations
• Successfully litigated 100% of contested custody disputes in cases involving the father
as the primary residential parent
• Successfully set aside a prenuptial agreement in a million dollar marital estate
Took doctor’s child support obligation from $2000 per month to $420 per month
In general litigation
• Has achieved published opinions in appellate cases taken before the
West Virginia Supreme Court and the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
• Licensed in WV, OH, USSC, Arizona Federal Court, Federal Court
of Appeals for the Third and Fourth Districts
• 1979-1982 Mount de Chantal
• 1986-1989 University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, PA
• 1982-1986 Washington & Jefferson College, Washington, PA
B.A. Political Science, Business Administration